Sun, Aug 20|
The Academy SF
Academy Homeroom: Photography Essentials Workshop
Come learn all about the essentials of photography in this 4-hour workshop led by Sara Cooper of onelove. From equipment basics, rules of composition, lighting, tips for better photos, and knowing the language, you will walk away feeling empowered on your journey to being a photography master!
Time & Location
Aug 20, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The Academy SF, 2166 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
About the Event
Come learn all about the essentials of photography in this 4-hour workshop led by Sara Cooper of onelove Photography. From equipment basics, rules of composition, lighting, tips for better photos, and knowing the language, you will walk away feeling empowered on your journey to being a photography master!
- Basic photography equipment and settings. Getting to know the photography basics is the best way to get started. One of those first steps should be to understand your camera, all the main settings and key photography terms.
- Know the rules of composition. Learn how to frame your subject or scene and capture your creative vision, perfectly.
- Get tips for taking better photos. Follow a few simple guides and see how it transforms and elevates your creations.
- Understand the exposure triangle. Three camera settings form the exposure triangle: shutter speed, aperture and ISO. When you get them working together, you’re on track for a top-quality photo.
- Adopt the language. We'll give you a cheat sheet and you’ll be able to hold your own in any photography chat.
This event is open to all. Please reserve your general admission spot for this limited-capacity indoor/outdoor event.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring your camera, and a great attitude to learn! iPhone cameras are okay - we can learn with anything.
- $48 Academy Member
- $64 Non-Member
The Academy is currently accepting new memberships. If you are interested in becoming a Member and enjoying all of the associated perks and benefits, please click here to learn more.
ABOUT ACADEMY HOMEROOM
Academy Homeroom courses are open to all and cover a wide array of topics. These courses are free or discounted for Academy members.
The Academy is a safe space for all—in particular members of our LGBTQ+ community. We encourage you to learn more about our safe space principles & policies by clicking here.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. The event venue has an accessible entrance and restroom facilities. Please contact us if you have questions or specific requests regarding access.
Ticket - Discount for Members
+$1.60 service fee
Membership discount applies when logged in.
+$1.60 service fee0