Thu, Oct 13|
The Academy SF
Meet Honey Mahogany, Candidate for D6 Supervisor!
Please join us (in-person at The Academy SF on Oct 13, or via online support anytime) for a meet & greet / fundraiser with Academy Member, Honey Mahogany, who is running a historic campaign for SF District 6 Supervisor!
Time & Location
Oct 13, 2022, 6:00 PM
The Academy SF, 2166 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
About the Event
Please join Academy co-founder Nate Bourg, along with co-hosts Adam Taylor, Tracii Chambers, and Joe Greaves (in-person at The Academy SF on Oct 13, or via online support anytime) for a meet & greet fundraiser for Honey Mahogany, who is running a historic campaign for SF District 6 Supervisor!
Honey Mahogany is national leader for the LGBTQ+ community and we hope you'll join us to learn about her vision to help San Francisco address its most pressing needs: housing, homelessness, and equity in our city services and resources.
Learn more & donate to Honey's campaign here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/academy4honey
This indoor gathering is available for invited guests in our greater community. Please reserve a free ticket to confirm your attendance, and be sure to make a donation here. A donation is not required to attend, but is much appreciated by your host committee as they look to make a big splash in supporting Honey's campaign.
The Academy is currently accepting new memberships. If you are interested in becoming a Member and enjoying all of the associated perks and benefits, please click here to learn more. The process is simple and convenient.
Members are welcome to bring up to (5) non-member guests per Club visit.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and food items are available for purchase. Our menus can be found here. Academy Social Club Members receive certain beverages complimentary. Ask your bartender or host for details.
CLUB INFORMATION (FOR MEMBERS)
The Club will also be open during regular hours for Members and their guests not attending this event. Regular Club guest policy applies.
The Academy is a safe space for all—in particular members of our LGBTQ+ community. We encourage you to learn more about our safe space principles & policies by clicking here.
This event will take place in accordance with all currently applicable health guidelines per the City of San Francisco and SFDPH. Our full safety information can be found here. Please contact us if you have any questions.
MORE ABOUT HONEY MAHOGANY
- Two decades of experience working directly with the homeless and people suffering from addiction and mental health issues
- Serves on the Executive Board of the Alice B Toklas LGBTQ Democratic Club
- Served as President of the Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Club
- Co-founder of the Transgender Cultural District
- Co-owner of The Stud, San Francisco's oldest gay bar
- Served as a Legislative Aide and then Chief of Staff to Supervisor Matt Haney
- Graduated with honors from the University of Southern California
- Earned a Masters of Social Work from UC Berkeley
- In 2013 Honey became the first San Franciscan to compete in the Emmy Award-winning tv series RuPaul's Drag Race
- Elected as a member of the San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee, and then elected as Chair by her colleagues on the board of the SF Democratic Party